October 1, 2016

Soviet Airfield A. [Revisit]

The New Year's tour together with my wife and her brother has been a tradition for three years now, so it was convenient that he had already arrived on New Year's eve.
We used the day after the fireworks to rest before the next tour.
This year, the destination was an abandoned Soviet airfield. I'd had the opportunity for a visit there about four months before, but neither my wife nor her brother had seen it, so we went.
As it turns out, this was a good decision, because not three months later, trees were cut down and the demolition began
Entering the area was easy - just like the last time- We parked the car and just walked through the place. We also managed to find some buildings that I hadn't seen the last time.

After about three or four hours, we left due to the cold weather and fading light - and I had to cook dinner for my brother-in-law for being our driver ;)

To find out more about the history of this old airfield and to check out all the photos from this spot, click the button below.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...