May 5, 2016

Steel Company R. [Revisit]

Only two weeks after my first visit to the old steel company, the opportunity arose to take another trip to Denmark. My friend Lichtbeschatter and I arranged to stay over at my neice's temporary home (at the time, she was spending a semester studying in Denmark) in Aarhus.
The first spot we visited on the way up north was the steel company. We had some more spots on the list, but for the steel company, we wanted to have a little more time because there are a lot of details to check out.
I was really looking forward to going there again, since the first time, my wife and I didn't have too much time because of the family reunion.
It all went smoothly - just like the first time. We parked on the same driveway a little down the street, quickly went past the neighbors' house and through the gate on the premises.
Nothing had changed. The hole in the wall was still there and in the two weeks since my last visit, there have been no changes at all.
I focused a little more on the details this time. There are so many little things to see. Tools, goggles, machines, valves...
I still didn't find the office part of the company though - that one I found during my third visit which was cut short by Danish police - but that's another story for another time.
Anyway, we took our time, finished our excursion after about three hours and went to check out two more spots. Only to find out that one of them was still in use and the other one had been demolished...
So we drove up to Aarhus for the night and prepared for our tour next morning.


To find out more about the history of this amazing place and to check out all the photos from this spot, click the button below.
































No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...